Party Enrolled In: Democratic
Current Occupation: President and CEO of Brown Young & Co., CPAs and Consultants.
Previous Occupation(s): Former Director of Finance/CFO for a major non-profit on Long Island. Former Controller of a pension plan. Supervising Senior at top four accounting firm. Audit Staff at a mid-sized accounting firm.
Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science in Accounting from CUNY at LaGuardia Community College. Bachelors Degree in Accounting from SUNY College at Old Westbury. CPA since 2001 and in 2012 I became a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Organizational Affiliations: I am a member of the Springfield/Rosedale Civic Association. Member of the NYS Society of CPAs and the American Institute of CPAs. I serve on the Investments Committee of the NYSSCPA.
Prior Public Experience: Served in various volunteer positions over the years, including the grass roots organizing that supported then candidate Obama become President. I have been involved in planting community gardens and clean up efforts in the local area.
1. What is the most important issue in Council District 31 you would address if elected?
(1) Re building the areas affected by Sandy and accountability for FEMA funds.
(2) Jobs for the Youth including volunteer services for those still studying.
(3) Access to quality care and recreation for Seniors.
2. What other important issues would you address if elected?
(1) More collaboration between the community and the police.
(2) Creating a civilian patrol team in each section of the district organized by the local Associations.
(3) Increase the efforts by DEP to clean up the drainage in the community to reduce flooding.
3. What makes you the best candidate for this office?
I am a financial executive and business owner. A job creator keen on serving the community. I understand the struggles of working families and the need for services to maintain the community. We need better schools and safer streets with summer opportunities for the youth. Seniors need to have access to care and recreation.
Reprinted as supplied by the candidate. Participating in the Campaign Finance Program.
This Guide lists all candidates who appear to be on the ballot for the general election based on the latest information obtained from the New York City Board of Elections, even if a candidate did not submit a profile or record a video for the Guide. Profiles and video scripts were submitted to the CFB by the candidates and are reprinted as supplied, except in the case of egregious errors and minor formatting issues, which may be corrected by the CFB. Videos appearing in this Guide were recorded and approved for broadcast by the candidates. All the candidates have affirmed under penalty of perjury that the information in their profiles and videos is true to the best of their knowledge. Website and social media links were supplied by the candidates. The CFB is not responsible for non-working links, although it does correct or remove them to the extent practicable. The CFB removes links that are not campaign-related.
The views expressed in the candidate profiles, videos, and linked materials do not represent those of the New York City Campaign Finance Board.